Friday, March 09, 2007

Living the Life of the Beloved


Last Friday all of the Divisional Women's Ministries Secretaries, the Territorial Women's Ministries Leaders and Major Linda Madsen made a presentation about Women's Ministries to the cadets. It was a whole day seminar. In one day we tried to expose the cadets to the joys, potential, challenges and excitement of ministry to women. That was a lot to present and we all have a frame of reference. Can you imagine how it was to try to absorb information from four workshops, a luncheon, a keynote session and a concluding session?

I found a picture from the year my session, the Companions of Christ and the first years session of the Disciples of Jesus had our seminar. I am not sure why it is black and white, we did have color film in those days. (30 years ago) The picture is a group performing the song about a good cup of tea can always be found in the Home League. Well, maybe in England.

The thing I remembered most from our one day seminar is the notebook. I used it a lot in the beginning.

The DWMS joined Major Rose-Marie Leslie and me for a weekend seminar. We ended on Sunday morning in a time of worship. Anne Calvo led us as we used the book by Henri Nouen called The Life of The Beloved.

I will write more about the book in days ahead. One thing I wanted to say tonight is that it sent me back to the song book to find the words to Albert Osborne's song - In The Secret of Thy Presence. The beloved of God is loved just because. That is a place where I want to spend time because I don't have to strive for it or be worthy of it, I just have to go there.

The beloved want to share that place with others. Have you discovered the place?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's funny to hear you say how much you used your notebook when you first were commissioned...I don't remember the seminar OR the notebook!!!! I don't know why I can remember the words to every stupid song I have ever heard, but can't remember scripture or most of training school. Now, what's up with THAT?!?!?

By the way, if this comment actually goes through, it will be the first time for me...I have tried to leave comments before, but with no success...