Monday, August 21, 2006

All I Need

This is a picture of Sarai Welch, Brent Church and kids at VBS from last year's service corps in Mexico.

We were at the Chinatown Corps 120 year celebration this past weekend and had a great time. I heard a victory report from Carol Abella about their VBS program. There have been a lot of VBS victory reports this summer. Carol said that in her experience they often have "church families" from other churches attend their VBS. If the parents were "pleased" with the VBS they say, "See you next year!" This year they were able to get "unchurched" children and as a result have seen new children and families attend the corps. (I have heard this from other corps in the territory.)

The other victory report from Carol is that she has enrolled 5 new Home League members in the last year. WOW!

I got this in the mail and thought it was cute:

A VBS teacher decided to have her young class memorize one of the most quoted passages in the Bible; Psalm 23. She gave the youngsters a month to learn the verse. Little Rick was excited about the task -- but, he just couldn't remember the Psalm. After much practice, he could barely get past the first line.

On the day that the kids were scheduled to recite Psalm 23 in front of the congregation, Ricky was so nervous. When it was his turn, he stepped up to the microphone and said proudly, "The Lord is my Shepherd, and that's all I need to know."


In my mind I put WM and VBS together as great outreach programs.

Win One Woman! Women who need to know the Good Shepherd - He is all we need.

No comments: