Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Believe in Victory

Catherine Booth wrote, “Soldiers of Christ must believe in victory. Faith in victory is an indispensable condition to successful warfare of any kind. It is universally recognized by generals of killing armies that, if the enthusiasm of expected conquest be destroyed, and their troops imbued with fear and doubt as to the ultimate result, defeat is all but certain. That is equally true with respect to spiritual warfare, and hence the repeated and comprehensive assurance and promises of victory from the great Captain of our salvation.”

The true soldier of Christ, who has the spirit of war and who is abandoned to its interests, has in his soul knowledge of coming victory. He knows it is only a question of time…faith inspires him to hardship…”

The Thanksgiving and Christmas season are upon us and opportunities for service will increase. Some will see this as hardship and others as blessing. All of us must claim victory for the Kingdom of Christ.

As I look for the one, two or more people that Jesus will bring into my life who will be won for His Kingdom this year, I try to greet every opportunity as the one that will open the door and reveal the person or people to whom God has chosen me to be His instrument for their salvation. It has made life somewhat of an adventure. I try to remember this attitude when I wake each day. Will this be the day? I try to remember this attitude when I meet people. Will this be the person? I may be the seed planter, the one who brings water to the seedling or the one that tends the field – I just want to be faithful as I try to win one woman for the Kingdom, for The Salvation Army and for my corps this year.

Do you believe in victory?

No comments: